omconfig biossetting vs C6100

Harvey, M J m.j.harvey at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 08:38:49 CDT 2012

Hi,

After updating to the omconfig tools to
srvadmin-omacore-7.0.0-4.168.1.el6.x86_64
omconfig has lost the ability to program C6100 BIOSes, viz:

# omconfig chassis biossetup attribute=cstates setting=enabled
Error! BIOS setup feature unavailable on this system.

Yes, I know it wasn't "supported" before, but it did happen to work, at least for the setting I cared about.

Can we have (even limited) C6100 BIOS setting ability restored please? I have a few racks'-worth of these coming soon, and configing them by hand is going to make my PFY cry.

Ta,

Matt