OMSA problem on ESXi

cupertino cupertino at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 13:38:31 CDT 2012

a quick google search revealed the following:
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/337553?start=15&tstart=0
you have to scroll quite a bit down to find the solution (that worked
for us) in post 23:

30.01.2012 01:47 als Antwort auf: stevenfoo
Re: Dell OMSA 6.5 VIB Installation on ESXi 5?

For those running on windows 2003. Please try the below. It works for
me. This solution is from Dell Support.

1.       Edit the file  /etc/vmware/hostd/config.xml
2.       Locate the  <vmacore>...</vmacore> tags in the file
3.       Within the vmacore  element, locate the <ssl>...</ssl> tags
4.       Within the ssl  element, add the following  element:
         <cipherList>HIGH:RC4-SHA:RC4-MD5</cipherList>
5.       Save the file and  restart hostd (/sbin/services.sh restart)