OMSA problem on ESXi

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at onpointfc.com
Wed Jul 18 09:40:26 CDT 2012

Thanks, Krishnaprasad.  I did upgrade from 4.x to 5.0.  I'm running the
following from the vSphere CLI on my desktop:

"esxcli --server 192.168.100.63 software vib list | grep -i openmanage"

and it's been running for about 20 minutes without providing any output or
returning to a prompt.  Does that seem right?  I can't imagine that grep has to
traverse to many directories and files that it would take this long.  But, I
could be wrong on that.

Dimitri

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 10:18:20 am Krishnaprasad_K at dell.com wrote:
> Hi, What was the previous version of ESXi you were using? If you had
> upgraded from ESX/ESXi 4.x to ESXi 5.0, then OM 6.5 for 4.x would have
> automatically removed during upgrade due to incompatibility. If the command
> 'esxcli software vib list | grep -i openmanage' returns nothing, you need
> to install OM 7.0 for ESXi
> 5.0<http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?DriverId=7R
>TV2> OR OM 6.5 for ESXi
> 5.0<http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/g_5/DriverDetails/DriverFileF