UEFI PXE boot

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:30:21 CDT 2012

On 07/17/2012 05:10 PM, Steven Dick wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Erinn Looney-Triggs
> <erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com <mailto:erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am going to try iPXE/gPXE next.
>

> I have booted UEFI systems just fine using the latest ipxe + syslinux as
> well as syslinux alone.
> I have not tried it with grub.

Can you elaborate on that a bit, I am kind of new to the PXE world so I
am trying to figure it out. From my understanding something like Ipxe is
loaded which then loads the next stage in the system, however you are
saying that you can skip any intermediaries and go straight to syslinux,
how do you go about that? What hardware are you doing this on?

-Erinn