OpenManage CLI utility and the xml output

effi zachut zachut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:36:18 CDT 2012

Hello,
I recently started using the OpenManage CLI utility (version 7.1).
specifically I'm making use of the "omreport" and "omconfig" commands
in order to manipulate the raid controller and hard drives. I'm using
these commands with the xml format output feature.
For example I'm using the command:

omreport storage vdisk controller=0 vdisk=10 -fmt xml

the output in the xml format is quite cryptic sometimes as it holds
references to text instead of the text itself. for example the command
above produced the following output (excution failed):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<OMA>
  <CLIMsgID>1604</CLIMsgID>
  <CLIParseName>vdisk</CLIParseName>
  <CLIParseTxt>10</CLIParseTxt>
  <CLIParseTxt2>0, 1, 2</CLIParseTxt2>
</OMA>

the output when not using the xml format is:
Invalid vdisk value. Read, vdisk=10
Valid values for vdisk are: 0, 1, 2

so I suppose "CLIMsgID 1604" means "invalid value".

this is just an example, but references such as this are very common
in the xml format output, in successful commands as well.
could you please tell me where I can find the mapping of references to
human readable text so that I can fully utilize the xml output?

Best Regards,

Effi Zachut.