Good idea? Dell MD1000 with 3TB SAS drives using a PERC 6/e controller to attach to a PowerEdge R905.

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Wed Jul 11 10:22:45 CDT 2012

Hi Diederick,

I just sold on e-bay the PERC 6/e in my T410 because it didn't see the 3Tb
SAS drives (OEM constellation) which I had working fine in another
workstation. With my snap-in replacement (Megaraid 9280-4i4e) all disk
were properly detected and imported by the HBA.

You might want to make sure your HBA supports 3tb drives. I think the H200
and H700 do that.

Regards,

Vincent