update_firmware

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 08:48:24 CDT 2012

hi everybody

I'm trying update_firmware out for the first time, on a R815

yum install $(bootstrap_firmware) got me barely five
packages(firmwares?)

my question would be - how long does it usually take?

also - is it normal to see the same device
(ven_0x14e4_dev_0x1639 in this case) reported several time
during the update? if not would it mean the the software got
itself looped in somehow?
at the same time it reports after each 100%

"Done: Update success. You must perform a reboot for the
update to take effect."

but I understand one must wait till it is all finished(?),
only this one same devices appearing multiple time boggles
my mind, and it takes long time, is it normal?

any info greatly appreciated,
thanks