iDRAC6 firmware 1.80 issues with certs serials on Firefox

Giuseppe Tanzilli - Serverplan giuseppe at serverplan.com
Thu Jan 26 05:24:13 CST 2012

Hi,
I see new delivered server with firmware vers 1.80  on iDRAC6 giving SSL
errors on Firefox,
because it seems to generate a certificate with same serial code but
different content from the previuos versions.

We have 100s of DELL servers and it is not possible to use same browser
to use both pre and post 1.8 iDRAC6 servers,
it is making our daily work harder.

Anyone from DELL working on a fix for this ?
We mainly work on Linux and we need Firefox working as it did for years.

Thanks,
    Giuseppe