Enabling biosdevname on PE T610

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Wed Jan 25 14:10:35 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: <Narendra_K at Dell.com>
To: <jboyce at meridianenv.com>; <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: Enabling biosdevname on PE T610

Hi, I suspect it could be due to the name  'old.70-persistent-net.rules'.
Looks like since the renamed file is still having '.rules' extension, it is
being processed. I suppose this file is still present in
'/etc/udev/rules.d/' directory right ?  Please ensure that the renamed file
does not have a '.rules' extention/suffix or  it is deleted.

Also, I think it might be helpful to place the  'ifcfg-ethN.old' files in a
different directory (say /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/backup).

With regards,
Narendra K

> Jeff

Thanks, I will give those recommendations a try and report back.

Jeff