Enabling biosdevname on PE T610

Narendra_K at Dell.com Narendra_K at Dell.com
Wed Jan 25 14:06:12 CST 2012

Hi, I suspect it could be due to the name  'old.70-persistent-net.rules'.  Looks like since the renamed file is still having '.rules' extension, it is being processed. I suppose this file is still present in '/etc/udev/rules.d/' directory right ?  Please ensure that the renamed file does not have a '.rules' extention/suffix or  it is deleted.

Also, I think it might be helpful to place the  'ifcfg-ethN.old' files in a different directory (say /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/backup).

With regards,
Narendra K