OMSA 6.5 does not update RAID/disk status (R510)

Michael Decker m.decker at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jan 25 08:02:19 CST 2012

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the hint, but could you go into some more detail how this is
supposed to help me?
I found the dkms package in my default debian repository and installed
it - even though I don't really understand what to do with it. It seems
to be some sort of dynamic kernel module loader, but how does this help
me? I could not find any mentions of dkms and omsa on the web that are
related to my problem. To be sure I have reinstalled OMSA again after
installing dkms - without luck. Also, dkms is not listed in the OMSA
dependencies as far as I know.

Cheers,
Michael