Issues updating DRAC5 firmware

Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com
Fri Jan 13 12:11:32 CST 2012

No, BIOS update will follow a different path. You need to download the BIOS package and need to be run from your OS. The DRAC5 web update is for that device only.
Serial console redirection is supported on DRAC5

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Robin Kipp [mlists at robin-kipp.net]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 10:32 PM
To: Chris Wood
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Issues updating DRAC5 firmware

Hi Chris,
thanks for the advice! Well, I've been able to solve the issue now, it was an issue with the Safari browser not showing me the "Update" link. I tried again with Firefox, and now the update went through without any problems. But where can I get these update DVD's from anyways? Can I also use them to perform BIOS updates etc? Do they support serial console redirection?
Thanks!
Robin