Dell PoweredgeT300: installing Open Manage and dracadm on Debian Squeze

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Fri Jan 13 06:43:19 CST 2012

Hello all,
as I stated in a previous message to the list, I'm currently working on setting up a Dell PoweredgeT300 server running Debian Squeze. Now, in order to perform proper system management, I'd like to install both Open Manage and the dracadm tool on the system. Unfortunately, it appears that Dell doesn't officially provide packages for Debian. After some googling, I was able to find some how-to's describing various ways of installing Open Manage on Debian, but none of these methods actually seemed to be "clean", also some of the tutorials I found were quite contradictory in how they wanted the user to install packages and stuff. So, I was wondering, can someone here possibly point me in the right direction for docs on installing Open Manage and dracadm on Debian?
Thanks a lot!
Robin