RES: Dell R900 with kernel panics

Mark Nipper nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:59:48 CST 2012

On 12 Jan 2012, Eduardo Schoedler wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2012, Mark Nipper wrote:
> > a Google search reveals others having similar
> > issues with Gentoo lately:
> > ---
> > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-843865-start-0.html
> >
> > I'd say you've hit a common bug like these other people.
>
> I'm running a lot of gentoo servers.
> This R900 is the only with kernel panics, so my suspect was maybe the
> hardware or some tuning.
>
> It's a one year old thread.
> The kernel I'm in use is newer, but not hardened.
> My gentoo is not running hardened kernel like the thread, but is running
> nfsd like KShots's.
> I'll try to move from NFSv3 to NFSv4 and the systl (vm.min_free_kbytes) too.

	The most recent posts are only a few weeks old.  Anyway,
you might have better luck on a dedicated forum like that one.
Maybe you can track down a common denominator between your
systems that is causing this problem.

--
Mark Nipper
nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
+1 512 471 3483 - office
+1 979 575 3193 - cell
-
"I don't think that you have a clue what it's like to communicate
with these kids.  We are losing them to apathy, to this
proscribed nonsense.  They are slipping away."
 -- Karen Pomeroy, "Donnie Darko", 2001