monitoring software

Edward Ashley ned at conveylaw.com
Mon Jan 9 10:46:21 CST 2012

Hi,
Yes I use this approach and it works well for me, the check_openmanage
script is pretty good.
Thanks
Ned

On 9 January 2012 16:22, Mark Nipper <nipsy at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On 09 Jan 2012, Charbel Habbouche wrote:
> > I joined the Group Lately searching for a software to monitor all dell
> servers , r310 , r710 , r910 ,....
> >
> > Sorry if i'm not involved but can someone help me for that ?!!
>
>        Totally unrelated to the original thread of course, but,
> I'd say a lot of people are probably using Nagios
> (http://www.nagios.org/) or something based on Nagios.  If you're
> also running an operating system supported by the Dell OMSA stack
> (http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/OMSA), you can
> then, very easily, run check_openmanage
> (http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html) from
> Trond Hasle Amundsen which will cover a lot of the sanity checks
> you'd want in place to make sure your systems are healthy.
>
>        I'm sure some other people have some other methods.  But
> this is a pretty good start if you've never done any kind of
> comprehensive monitoring before.
>
> --
> Mark Nipper
> nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
> +1 512 471 3483 - office
> +1 979 575 3193 - cell
> -
> As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

Edward Ashley

Telephone: 01633 261203
Email: ned at conveylaw.com

REVOLUTIONARY CONVEYANCING
Maxwell Chambers, 34-38 Stow Hill,Newport, South Wales, NP20 1JE
Telephone: 01633 22 33 44 Facsimile: 01633 261 261 Web: www.conveylaw.com
This e-mail and the information it contains (including any attachments) may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error please contact the sender or delete the message.
Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of the e-mail transmission. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 5306377
Directors: A full list of directors and licensed conveyancers are available upon request.