monitoring software

Mark Nipper nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:22:46 CST 2012

On 09 Jan 2012, Charbel Habbouche wrote:
> I joined the Group Lately searching for a software to monitor all dell servers , r310 , r710 , r910 ,....
>
> Sorry if i'm not involved but can someone help me for that ?!!

	Totally unrelated to the original thread of course, but,
I'd say a lot of people are probably using Nagios
(http://www.nagios.org/) or something based on Nagios.  If you're
also running an operating system supported by the Dell OMSA stack
(http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/OMSA), you can
then, very easily, run check_openmanage
(http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html) from
Trond Hasle Amundsen which will cover a lot of the sanity checks
you'd want in place to make sure your systems are healthy.

	I'm sure some other people have some other methods.  But
this is a pretty good start if you've never done any kind of
comprehensive monitoring before.

--
Mark Nipper
nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
+1 512 471 3483 - office
+1 979 575 3193 - cell
-
As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.