Problems with R410

Tehmasp Chaudhri tchaudhri at rallydev.com
Sun Jan 8 21:21:22 CST 2012

I'm surprised to see another Dell PE series server w/ this c-state issue.
We have been dealing w/ this on our *r810 *servers - but from the tech
specs on Dell's site the Intel series processor on the 410 is the 5500
and/or 5600. Is that the case for your new r410 servers?

We're using the following in our grub.conf file on an OEL 5.7 (have used
CentOS 5.7 prior):

intel_idle.max_cstate=0 processor.max_cstate=1

We have also disabled c-states in the BIOS.

Good Luck - this c-state issue has been a real pain.

Tehmasp

Tehmasp