Problems with R410

Mark Nipper nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 6 18:50:02 CST 2012

On 07 Jan 2012, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> As it turned out the systems have been delivered with the management
> functions turned off. I had to create a dos boot usb stick with the
> broadcom uxdiag.exe tool and issue a "uxdiag -t abcd -mfw 1" the enable the
> management.
> After that the DRAC detected the link and everything started working as
> expected.
> I'm not exactly happy that it took Dell almost two weeks to figure this out
> in which they made us reconfigure the DRAC several times and gave us
> dubious information ("If you use vlans on the host you can no longer use
> vlans with DRAC") but at lease we finally got to the bottom of this.

	Was this an express (shared) or enterprise (standalone)
DRAC?  I assume express.  Either way, I didn't realize this was
even possible.  Good to know.

--
Mark Nipper
nipsy at mail.utexas.edu
+1 512 471 3483 - office
+1 979 575 3193 - cell
-
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us
as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching
magic  and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc., 1989