dell warranty automated checks - xserv.dell.com

Daniel De Marco ddm at bartol.udel.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:25:35 CST 2012

Hi,

I just noticed, as many in the list did in the last few days, that the
dell warranty page has changed and that the changes broke my scraping
script.

I found a SOAP API page on the dell website and wrote a quick script to
query it. I hope it is useful to somebody else.

The script is here: https://gist.github.com/1893036

It's in python and needs the python suds SOAP client from
https://fedorahosted.org/suds/

By the way, I have a question for the Dell people in the audience: the
soap api requires a GUID and an application name as parameters. I used
random values and it seems to work fine. Should I be using something else?

Daniel.