[Linux-PowerEdge] PE2900 PERC 5/i Battery Failure (and recovery) on Learn Cycle

cupertino cupertino at gmx.net
Fri Dec 14 15:12:11 CST 2012

Were you in contact with Dell or checked the Perc log before replacing
the battery? I remember a similar issue quite a while ago. With
insufficient firmware (can't remember whether Perc or ESM) the system
kept reporting every learn cycle in ESM/LCD which led to wrong
conclusions about the battery.
You should at least update all firmware and check your Perc log. If
there is something like 'SOH Bad' for the battery it needs to be
replaced.