R: RE: Error on update_firmware OMSA 7.0 Centos

Mike Hanby mhanby at uab.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:44:29 CDT 2012

This thread has been useful for resolving the issues on my R720xd's. I experienced both issues, the dead symlink and the "invalid XML" for the Intel card.

In addition to all of the previous suggestions, one other package I was missing was the gcc package. I hadn't included it in my kickstart file. It seems obvious that you'd need it if the package also requires dkms, but the final clue was found in the /var/lib/dkms/iqvlinux/1.1.4.0g/build/make.log and vim /var/lib/dkms/iqvlinux/1.1.4.0g/build/src/linux/driver/Makefile where it reported "missing compiler"

So, to recap :-)
You need kernel-devel kernel-headers gcc dkms