sd 4:1:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 08:38:29 CDT 2011

Dear Jon,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I saw that one WD SATA 250 GB hard drive has an old firmware (3B04) and that there is a newer one available (3B05). I will proceed with the firmware upgrade this evening and see if that helps. It looks like that the SAS 6/iR card already is on the latest firmware (00.25.47.00.06.22.03.00). There are no updates since 2009 for that card available on the support website of dell.

Regards,
ML