sd 4:1:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

George Hills george at brightbox.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 04:48:38 CDT 2011

Hi,

You're right. I was expecting to find it saying one of the disks was bad.

I've never had a SAS6 go bad, but I have occasionally had the cables &
Dell backplanes fail after a while in service. Perhaps it's something
like that. Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion.

You could perhaps try to provoke a failure, if you want to, by running
something like bonnie to stress the disks.

Cheers