sd 4:1:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

George Hills george at brightbox.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 03:56:26 CDT 2011

On 27/09/11 22:24, ML mail wrote:

> rejecting I/O to offline device

Usually that means the RAID device has failed. If that were the case,
you'd hopefully have quite a lot of information in the syslog from just
before it locks up telling you about what's going on?

Do you have the Dell Openmanage utilities installed? If so, the output
of "omreport storage vdisk" and "omreport storage pdisk controller=0"
might tell you more.

If you're reluctant or unable to install openmanage, you could try the
mpt-status tool, although I don't know how much information it can give
you - http://www.drugphish.ch/~ratz/mpt-status/

Cheers