Linux Commands

Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com
Wed Sep 21 09:18:51 CDT 2011

You can also give http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/enterprise/b/tech-center/archive/2011/08/17/centos-based-livedvd-to-update-firmware-on-dell-servers.aspx a try.

Thank you
Praveen K Paladugu
Dell Linux Engineering

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Brian Collins
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:24 AM
To: Betha, Hendrick H; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: Linux Commands

How "not familiar" are you with Linux?  :)  If you have an understanding of some of the basic commands, this link should be of some use to you.
http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/firmware

Otherwise, it might be beneficial to get more comfortable with Linux before trying to update firmware from inside the OS.

Brian Collins, RHCE
Sr. Systems Engineer
Southeastern Data Cooperative
brianc at sedata.com<mailto:brianc at sedata.com>