OMSA reports arrayDiskDellCertified as Not Certified but arrayDiskVendor as DELL

Russell Kackley rkackley at naoj.org
Mon Sep 19 22:02:10 CDT 2011

We have a Dell PowerEdge R815 server with a PERC H200 controller card in
it. The H200 is connected to two Intel SSD's. Dell OMSA reports that the
arrayDiskVendor is "DELL", but it also reports that
arrayDiskDellCertified is 0 (Not Certified) and arrayDiskRollUpStatus
and arrayDiskComponentStatus are reported as 4 (Non-critical). Despite
this, the machine and the disks seem to be working perfectly fine.

Does anyone have an idea why Dell OMSA would report the arrayDiskVendor
as "DELL" but also report arrayDiskDellCertified as "Not Certified"?

Here are some more details:

OS:               Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Dell OMSA:        Version 6.5 from linux.dell.com community repository
H200 firmware:    07.02.42.00
Intel SSD Model:  SSDSA2SH064G1GC

Here is what omreport tells us for one of the disks (the output for the
other is similar):

omreport storage pdisk controller=0
List of Physical Disks on Controller PERC H200 Integrated (Embedded)

Controller PERC H200 Integrated (Embedded)
ID                        : 0:0:0
Status                    : Non-Critical
Name                      : Physical Disk 0:0:0
State                     : Online
Power Status              : Not Applicable
Bus Protocol              : SATA
Media                     : SSD
Revision                  : 045C8860
Failure Predicted         : No
Certified                 : No
Encryption Capable        : No
Encrypted                 : Not Applicable
Progress                  : Not Applicable
Mirror Set ID             : Not Applicable
Capacity                  : 59.13 GB (63484985344 bytes)
Used RAID Disk Space      : 59.13 GB (63484985344 bytes)
Available RAID Disk Space : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
Hot Spare                 : No
Vendor ID                 : DELL
Product ID                : SSDSA2SH064G1GC INTEL
Serial No.                : CVEM001000HJ064KGN
Part Number               : 00
Negotiated Speed          : 3.00 Gbps
Capable Speed             : Not Available
Manufacture Day           : Not Available
Manufacture Week          : Not Available
Manufacture Year          : Not Available
SAS Address               : 4433221107000000

We use identical SSD's in our Dell PowerEdge 2950's, also running Ubuntu
10.04 LTS and Dell OMSA 6.5. However, those machines use PERC 6/I cards
instead of the H200. On those machines, OMSA also reports
arrayDiskVendor is "DELL", but it reports arrayDiskDellCertified as "Not
Applicable" and arrayDiskRollUpStatus and arrayDiskComponentStatus are
both reported as 3 (OK), which is good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Russell Kackley