CentOS 5.7 kernel 2.6.18-274.el5

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:59:25 CDT 2011

I haven't tried the -274 kernels on any PE systems yet, but have tried
it on some T3500 and T5400 precision workstations and am getting a
20%+ reduction in NFS read/write performance vs -238 or -194 kernels.
For 100mbps connected T3500 and T5400 systems I'm always maxing out at
8.5MB/s on reads and writes (100MB file). Downgrading back to -238 or
-194 I get the usual 11MB/s . For gigE connected systems I can't get
more than between 60-70MB/s with the new kernel whereas simply
downgrading I get 80-100MB/s (1GB test files and larger). I don't know
if this is just an issue for Broadcom NICs, will post to redhat
bugzilla.