Broadcom NetExtreme II - Linux DKMS Driver package - Where to find?

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Fri Sep 16 11:13:18 CDT 2011

Alberto,

There are no Dell DKMS RPMs for RHEL 6.0, all driver updates are in kmod format. What kernel are you running? If you can't find a kmod RPM for a kernel other than the base RHEL 6.0 kernel, it's probably because native driver support for your Broadcom NICs was added in follow-up releases.

Jose De la Rosa
Linux Engineering
Dell | Enterprise Product Group

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Alberto J. Chinique
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:05 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Broadcom NetExtreme II - Linux DKMS Driver package - Where to find?

Anyone know where I can find the most recent version of the Dell DKMS RPM package for Broadcom NetExtreme II NICs? I'm trying to install it on a PER510 running RH60 (X86_64). It doesn't appear to be available under support downloads, nor in any of the repositories. I've checked the latest OMSA DVD and it only contains a kmod-kmp package which is built for the original kernel as shipped so it doesn't work with an updated kernel.

Thanks,
Alberto

Alberto J. Chinique
Systems Administrator