Updating firmware (dell_ft_install) --No such file or directory error

Mgia mgiashmera at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 14 08:45:14 CDT 2011

I managed to successfully update the firmware.

The firmware update files are saved to the /tmp folder and where I tried
to upgrade the firmware /tmp folder was mounted with the 'noexe' option.

To solve this:

1. I copied the firmware files
from /usr/share/firmware/dell/dup/'firmware-folder' to a folder

firmware-folder: is listed when running the update_firmware utility
For instance:
pci_firmware(ven_0x1000_dev_0x0058_subven_0x1028_subdev_0x1f0e) path is
at /usr/share/firmware/dell/dup/pci_firmware_ven_0x1000_dev_0x0058_subven_0x102

2. I copied the firmware update utility to the same folder with the
firmware.

For the SAS6_SAS /usr/libexec/dell_dup/SAS6_SAS/

3. Finally by running
$ ./sasdupie -u -f -debug
with the debug option to check for possible errors.

Thanks to Teodor and Santosh for helping me out.

--
Mgia