looking for srvadmin-storelib-sysfs and srvadmin-storelib-libpci (via yum)

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Thu Sep 8 23:10:26 CDT 2011

Hi Hank,

Can you please run following commands and send us output from console and /var/log/yum.log file.

1.      wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash

2.      yum install dell_ft_install

Thanks
Santosh

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Hank
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:56 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: looking for srvadmin-storelib-sysfs and srvadmin-storelib-libpci (via yum)

I'm trying to fix the "No storage controllers detected." error in OMSA Version 5.5.0 on CentOS 5.6 (release 5.6 (Final) Kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 (i686)) running on a Dell 2650.

I installed OMSA 5.5 via the helpful page here:  http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2010/10/how-to-install-dell-omsa-5-5-on-a-dell-poweredge-2650-with-centos-5-rhel-5/

>From searching google, it appears many people fixed this exact problem by using:

> yum install srvadmin-storelib-sysfs srvadmin-storelib-libpci

But when I do that, all I get is

No package srvadmin-storelib-sysfs available.
No package srvadmin-storelib-libpci available.

And yes, I've installed the Dell repositories by using both:
wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash
wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/2008_Q3/bootstrap.cgi | bash

I've also tried:  > yum  install dell_ft_install
and the result is: No package dell_ft_install available.

So how/where can I find/install  srvadmin-storelib-sysfs srvadmin-storelib-libpci?

-Hank