[C6105] Serial Number

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed Sep 7 09:26:36 CDT 2011

In the past when I've had the mb replaced on a PowerEdge, the Dell tech
had a boot floppy that had a little utility that would set the service
tag (serial number).  It'd require him typing it in manually to the DOS
app.  It sounds like your tech skipped that step.

It may be worth checking the Dell website for such an app or asking your
Dell reps.