Dell PowerEdge R610 - PowerVault MD1200

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Sep 7 01:28:34 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Hi friends,
|

| I am looking for a storage solution for a server Dell PowerEdge R610 ,
| Data growth rate is expected to be between 15 -20 Tera-bytes.
| Will - PowerVault MD1200 be a good solution for that or are there any
| better options out there.
| Kindly advice.
|
| Anthony

We're currently using MD1000s with 2950s and R710s.  But are looking into a fully populated R510.  The advantage being the R510 is 2U of rack space for roughly the same disk space vs the 2950+MD1000 at 5U rack space.  Of course, you can add additional MD devices to the R510 for further expansion.

We're building disk "bricks" of R510 and exporting them as NFS or iSCSI targets depending on needs.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have