linux util to create arrays on R710 w/ embedded PERC 6/i

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 1 14:36:17 CDT 2011

Sean Hennessey wrote, On 09/01/2011 01:16 PM:
> Frack it does work, Slight ID-10T problem, thought I was root, but wasn't. A well placed sudo fixed the issue.
>
> The only version I could find though was:
>
> sudo /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64 -V
>

>       MegaCLI SAS RAID Management Tool  Ver 8.01.06 Dec 23, 2010
>
>     (c)Copyright 2010, LSI Corporation, All Rights Reserved.
>
> Exit Code: 0x00
>
> Do you know of any issues w/ this version? Also, would you happen to know of any decent docs out there on this util? I thought I had some at one point, but am drawing a blank looking for them at the moment.
>
> thanks for all your help.

Sure,

FWIW, be careful of using 'sudo', as the MegaSAS/RAID drivers do a
getuid() call instead of relying on geteuid(), so we've had problems
with that.

I use v 8.00.xx and 8.02.xx so, 8.01 should be fine.  They add
features as they add supported controllers so some options might
not work, but i haven't seen any fatal unexpected misfeatures
if used on the "wrong" controller.

(They do change the output format, capitalization, and spacing from version to
version, and their crazy notion of random vowel removal from commands
and options is highly annoying)

--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy at ucar.edu        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/