linux util to create arrays on R710 w/ embedded PERC 6/i

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 1 13:44:08 CDT 2011

Sean, 'megacli' most definitely supports the PERC6/i.  Are you sure
you don't have an Hxxx series controller?  I haven't played with those
and don't know what tool LSI has for them.

(fwiw, i use the same megacli binary to support PERC5/{i,E}, and PERC6/{i,E})

What's this report:

  lspci | egrep -i '(raid|sas|scsi) (bus )?controller'

Ayoub,  'dellmgr' (AFAIK) only supported PERC4 controllers.  I'm pretty
sure Dell hasn't updated that to support newer controllers.

looks like a PERC H200 is:

# lspci | egrep -i '(raid|sas|scsi) (bus )?controller'
04:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)
05:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

That's MPT-Fusion, so not "real" RAID, but i don't know what a PERC H700 or H800 report.

--stephen

Sean Hennessey wrote, On 09/01/2011 12:30 PM:
> That's the kind of tool I'm looking for, but that links doesn't mention that it supports the PERC 6/i. Are you aware of tools that do support the PERC 6/i?

Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy at ucar.edu        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/