System status using Dell tools

Brian Collins brianc at sedata.com
Thu Oct 20 15:42:27 CDT 2011

We've had an interesting question come up here.  We know that we can
check the status of just about everything on a PowerEdge server using
the various tools Dell provides us (omreport, racadm, etc.) (Thank you,
Dell!).  But now we're looking for a general "something's wrong" status,
much the same way we can look at the front panel and know something's
wrong if we see an amber display.  We love the amount of detail we can
get from srvadmin/OMSA, but a general indicator would also be helpful.

Thank you,
Brian Collins, RHCE
Sr. Systems Engineer
Southeastern Data Cooperative