Dell Update Packages (DUP) and LiveCD/DVD

Deaderick, David (EIE) David.Deaderick at va.gov
Tue Oct 18 15:23:42 CDT 2011

I created a RHEL 5.7 LiveCD (command line only) that works well with
these .BIN updates. I created my own RPM that bundles the latest .BINS
along with qLogic and Emulex updates.

The Kickstart looks like:
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone US/Eastern
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --disabled
firewall --disabled

repo --name=base
--baseurl=http://vhaispmulv2.vha.med.va.gov/ks/dist/ks-rhel-x86_64-serve
r-5-5.7/Server
repo --name=MyRepo
--baseurl=http://vhaispmulv2.vha.med.va.gov/pub/MyRepo
#repo --name=livecd
--baseurl=http://www.nanotechnologies.qc.ca/propos/linux/centos-live/x86
_64/live

%packages
@core
kernel
make
module-init-tools
openldap-clients
openssh-clients
perl
wget
ese-dell-r710-firmware

# Packages not needed for Firmware LiveCD
-crash
-firstboot-tui
-authconfig
-Deployment_Guide-en-US