submitting bug reports for dell packages

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:54:49 CDT 2011

This might be a really strange question, but I'm not sure where else to
ask it.  Is there a procedure for submitting the equivalent of a bug
report for a piece of Dell-provided software?  In particular, I'm
looking at syscfg from the Dell Deployment Toolkit, and it's not acting
the way I expected in one corner case.  If it were an open-source
project, I could just find the corresponding buzilla site, or whatever,
and be done.

I could call support, I suppose, but having to explain all the details
about something like this to some poor, unsuspecting first-level tech is
going to be really frustrating for both of us.  If that's the best thing
to do, I'll go ahead and do it, but if someone has a different
recommendation on how to go about it, that'd be great.

--
Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator