Firmware Updates

Jim Goddard jgoddard at gmi-mr.com
Fri Jul 29 11:27:47 CDT 2011

I believe that you also want to add the dell firmware repository:

http://linux.dell.com/repo/firmware/

The other thing to check is that you need to have the official RHEL OS
string in your /etc/redhat-release file.  All you really need is to make
sure it has the word "(Tikanga)" appended to that file, and you should
be ok. This is because the dell firmware updates are only officially
supported on RHEL, not RHEL-like distros.

Hope this helps,

Jim Goddard

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 11:05 -0500, linux-poweredge-request at dell.com