Dell PE R515 Ethernet bonding in CentOS 6 problem

Adam Tilghman agt at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 20 13:16:13 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:41:36AM -0400, Howard Powell wrote:
> I am unable to bond the network interfaces together in CentOS 6 like I was able to do in CentOS 5.
[...]
> I have modified the /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth? files to each include the following:
[...]
> MASTER="bond0"

I ran into similar issues under Scienctific Linux 6.0

Try removing the quotes from the MASTER="bond0" lines - that
particular parameter is parsed via shell code (*not* by the shell itself)
and the quotes aren't handled properly.

--
Adam Tilghman   Systems Support / Academic Computing & Media Services
 agt at ucsd.edu    858-822-0711     University of California, San Diego