c6145 pcie max payload

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Mon Jul 18 14:21:55 CDT 2011

This discussion is still happening upstream and a few Dell engineers have been involved in this effort.. http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=131066890717612&w=2

Unfortunately I believe there is no way to change it via sysfs or some other parameter at the moment.

Once the features gets in upstream we should be able to get it into our supported OSes as well.

Shyam Iyer
Linux Engineering

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Stijn De Weirdt
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:18 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: c6145 pcie max payload

hi all,

we have a number of c6145 machines that we use in HPC context. in order
to get maximum performance out of the nodes (and the IB network in
particular), we would like to set the maximum pcie payload to 256 or 512
bytes. current maximum value is 128 bytes.

normally, this is an option in the bios, but i don't find it (i don't
think the option is there). does anyone know how we could change it? (we
are using SL6 as OS).

any feedback is welcome.

stijn
--