Dell openmanage nagios plugin is chatty

Mgia mgiashmera at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 14 09:34:55 CDT 2011

Hi Jason,
> the Dell openmanage plugin seems to give a warning on many problems that
> are not important. The battery learning cycle is one such warning. How
> do other sites filter these non-critical events from the important events?

Take care since these warnings could possibly indicate that you have
error(s) with your current openmanage installation and/or problems with
your hardware firmware. That was the case for me since I had checking to
many irrelevant warnings and suddenly after 1-2 days I got the msg: "No
storage controllers found"

To suppress battery warnings you could use this option in
check_openmanage -b bat_charge=ALL

--
Mgia