Monitoring PE2950 Status with ESXi?

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed Jul 13 06:14:09 CDT 2011

Steve,

I've not had a chance to play with 5 yet.  However, with ESXi 4.1, its
pretty easy.  Out of the box ESXi is monitoring all the hardware (except
memory).  All you have to do is configure ESXi to send snmp traps and it
should send traps on the hardware issues (you may have to configure the
alarms for hardware issues to send traps as well, I don't recall this
early in the am).