using "Managed System Login"

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Mon Feb 28 03:50:24 CST 2011

Hi,
i'm running debian unstable amd64 on my notebook and i would like to remotelly
manage OMSA server, which i installed to one of our new R210 servers running
esxi 4.1.

So i installed srvadmin-all (to be sure, everything is in) on my notebook and
i try to login using "Managed System Login". It just says "login failed". I'm
listening with tshark and i don't see any packets going to esxi server.

When I installed OMSA into windows7 i run inside vmware workstation (on the
same notebook), remote login to esxi host works.

What should be the problem here ? Any pointers?

With regards

Libor

PS windows omsa has cooler looks, any chances this css style will be also in
linux omsa? ;)