new server

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Fri Feb 25 09:51:40 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Mark Rolen <mrolen at opubco.com> wrote:
> Sounds like what we had with some of our R710s on RHEL5.  I know this is
> an oldish bug notice (May of 2010), but these went away for us
> completely with the kernel upgrade associated with this announcement:
>
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2010-0398.html
>
> "* in certain circumstances, under heavy load, certain network interface
> cards using the bnx2 driver and configured to use MSI-X, could stop
> processing interrupts and then network connectivity would cease.
> (BZ#587799)"

I would have sworn that the kernel had been updated on those machines,
but apparently upon rollout they had the distributed 5.5 kernels and
had not been updated.  I'm investigating to figure out why that is.

As a followup, with the newer kernel, I can drop the disable_msi
module option?  The verbage indicates yes, but you have operational
experience with it.  Did you drop the disable_msi option and are
things running smoothly for you?
--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and