megaraid_sas error on pe2950

Nicole Hähnel ml at nicole-haehnel.de
Wed Feb 23 04:05:58 CST 2011

Hi,

I get this error message on all of our rhel6 servers:

megaraid_sas 0000:01:00.0: vpd r/w failed.  This is likely a firmware
bug on this device.  Contact the card vendor for a firmware update.

Servers are pe2950 with perc6/i and newest firmware.

Controllers
ID                                            : 0
Status                                        : Ok
Name                                          : PERC 6/i Integrated
Slot ID                                       : Embedded
State                                         : Ready
Firmware Version                              : 6.3.0-0001
Minimum Required Firmware Version             : Not Applicable
Driver Version                                : 00.00.04.31.2

Regards,
Nicole