OMSA on a PE1850

Richard Geddes rgeddes at bluegolf.com
Tue Feb 22 08:25:15 CST 2011

Believe I sent my previous reply only to Mark, here's a reply to the list:

Yes, OpenIPMI is installed.

$ dpkg -l | grep ipmi
ii  libopenipmi0                    2.0.18-0ubuntu1
Intelligent Platform Management Interface - runtime
ii  openipmi                        2.0.18-0ubuntu1
Intelligent Platform Management Interface (for servers)

Also, here's some more clues:

- Booting from OMSA 6.3/6.4 LiveCD gives the same results: "No storage
controllers detected"

- Booting from OMSA 5.5 LiveCD finds and displays the storage controller

- Installing OMSA LiveCD 5.5/6.0/6.3/6.4 on Ubuntu 10.04 (amd64) gives the
same result: "No storage controllers detected"

There is a combination that works, but I'm not sure if there is one that
includes Ubuntu 10.04

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Mark Watts <m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com>wrote:

Richard Geddes
BlueGolf - www.BlueGolf.com
rgeddes at bluegolf.com | 610-293-0998 | 610-293-0987 (fax)

PGP Fingerprint: BC5D 1FB3 F11C 6CFC 1CE5  3264 B0E3 80DC A9A9 FF5F
PGP Public Key Server: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net/

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may
contain confidential and privileged information of BlueGolf, LLC.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply