new server

Frederik Kriewitz frederik at kriewitz.eu
Fri Feb 18 10:34:43 CST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:18 PM, scartomail <scartomail at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anybody recently installed Debian Squeeze on a new poweredge and did not had any trouble?
> Just insert the basic CD and install from there without any tweaks.
> If so what model was that?

Yes on a R610, R710 and R510, the only problem was the missing NIC firmware.
Using the unofficial iso including the firmware should fix this:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/
After installing it I only had to increase rootdelay.

> And how about OMSA?
> I found some links with google that reported a succesfull installation with just minor adjustments.
> Anyone any experiance with that on certain moddels?

No adjustments necessary except of using the ubuntu smbios packages.