idrac 6 express - r410 vs r610

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Thu Feb 10 09:52:11 CST 2011

> When I installed the OS on this R410, I wiped out whatever default
> partitions came on the server.  Now I wonder if that is where the DRAC
> system was stored?  This certainly isn't the case with the R610, as I
> also wipe the stock partitions on those, and DRAC works fine.  I just
> assumed the servers have a special storage area just for the DRAC.
>
> Can anyone suggest some hints as to what I may have missed when
> setting up the DRAC on the R410?  Or confirm that I shouldn't have
> wiped the stock partitions?
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

The default partitions should contain diagnostic/recovery information,
they should be considered optional - I always wipe them out.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your questions on the DRAC express because
I've never used them and don't have any 4xx servers. We always use DRAC
enterprise, as I was under the impression the Express cards (are they
even cards?) were software based. and were not a standalone system.

--Blake