mptlinux driver upgrade

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Fri Feb 4 01:02:48 CST 2011

Hi,
i'm going for maintance shutdown of one of our PE2950 servers over weekend ,
will be upgrading all firmware as recommended by Dell support after recent
server crash.

Server also has two sas 5/e adaptors with MD3000 attached with multipath.
I would like to try LSI mptsas driver, to stop omsa from complaining about old
drivers.
My question is: is this mptsas driver drop in replacement for inkernel driver?
Will everything work as before? Multipath ...etc ...

With regards
Libor