Mac address changes upon reboot on PE2950

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 1 13:23:00 CST 2011

On Tue, February 1, 2011 12:41, DataGrab wrote:
> I had it happen once before in 2007, after I cloned an Ubuntu 6.06.1
> server from one 2850 to another using dd (I know, bad idea, but I was a
> real noob then).

Nothing wrong with that means of cloning a server.  You mostly just have
to be careful not to bring it up on the network until you've adjusted the
configs such that it doesn't usurp the other server's identity.  We use
g4l for imaging and reimaging, but it's essentially the same process.  I
just cloned a couple of servers today for a sandbox.  Even going to
significantly different hardware, I just had to boot rescue and remake the
initrd to make them boot.